Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Heart Hugh Laurie


I do, I really really do. Yeah, so what if he's 49 years old? He's got that unmistakable Sean Connery-esque appeal to him; ruggedly handsome with a tantalizingly sexy accent. Honestly, we women aren't that hard to please. Give us a self-assured, scratchy-faced, beautiful blue-eyed asshole and we're happy as clams. Seriously, it's not that much to ask...

Anyhow, House premieres tonight and I am just about jumping out of my bouncy work chair in excitement and anticipation for the 8-9 o'clock hour. That being said, House has graced a recent EW cover and article and I was able to find a nice quote from Laurie. Enjoy!

[Speaking about House's character] Laurie: "However monstrous he may be, it doesn't stop me from liking him. I think, by and large, our love for people is not dictated by virtue. We don't only love virtuous people - we don't even love virtuous people, a lot of the time. Virtuous people can be really annoying."

Well put, Hugh, well put. I concur.


No comments:

Disclaimer

The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.