Thursday, December 4, 2008

My 3rd Semi-Political Post

So it's a great day for you, readers! Not only am I going to give you a Video of the Day, but you also get a Song of the Day! Thrilling, righhhht? I know you are just trembling in your seat with suppressed excitement. Please try to contain yourselves.

So in another feeble attempt to blog about something other than entertainment (feeble because my political posts always contain famous actors preaching to you about something or another) and with the encouragement of Whedonesque, I found this hilarious video on Funny or Die. I am completely pro gay marriage so I loved this video. Plus, I am very much pro-NPH also. We live in a new, shiny time people. We have grown as a society from a time of civil rights movements to a time where we have elected an African-American as our president. That's what you call progress. Let's not stain our advancement by denying a good percentage of our society the right to love and marry whoever they want, regardless of their sex. And that's all I have to say about that. Check out your awesome VotD below!

Note: If the video doesn't work for you, try this link:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c0cf508ff8/prop-8-the-musical-starring-jack-black-john-c-reilly-and-many-more-from-fod-team-jack-black-craig-robinson-john-c-reilly-and-rashida-jones

See more Jack Black videos at Funny or Die


Your SotD comes from my very own iPod shuffle this morning. I just happen to have four Cake CDs rolling around in my iTunes library and I can't imagaine why (coughlucascough). Anyway, while driving to work this morning, my iPod chose this Cake song while in its shuffle mode and I could have swore I never heard it once before. Either way, I liked it a lot so I thought I would share it with you. Hope you like!


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com





Where Would I Be
By: Cake

I've been waiting for so long
I've been hoping your love's not gone
Houses are sliding in the mud
Rivers are raging in your blood

Where would I be without your love?
Where would I be without your arms around me?

You were to be the only one
If I knew you I would not run
You have been cloudy, distant, dark
I'm thinking of Noah and the ark

Where would I be without your love?
Where would I be without your arms around me

No comments:

Disclaimer

The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.