Monday, August 25, 2008

Life



Good morning blog readers! I finally finished Confessor, the final book in Terry Goodkind's 12 book Sword of Truth series. I've been reading these books for over 10 years now. It was a good run, though a long and drawn out one. I was happy with the end, so I guess that's all that really matters. Here's a excerpt from the end of book, so don't read any further if you want to but haven't yet found time to read this book. This line is all Richard Rahl.


"To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Out tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we can have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

No comments:

Disclaimer

The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.