Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday Ramblings

There are so many great things to talk about today, I can barely contain my excitement! But then again, Tuesday always follows Monday and Monday is Heroes night, so for me the excitement isn't unusual. Hey, it's the little things. I'm easily entertained. So, let's get started.

Corrie, Ryan and Tina can all testify to my expectant and excited cries of "SMOOCHIES! SMOOCHIES!" during last Monday's Heroes. As I quivered and jumped around on my couch, hoping to see some Sylar (shirtless, yum) and Elle lovin', it did occur to me that I shouldn't be living so vicariously through the possible, and totally hot, love scene between two psycho serial killers. But in all honesty, Sylar (Zachary Quinto) and Elle (Kristen Bell) have become my two favorite characters to watch on Heroes. Creating a back-story and a history between the two was a brilliant idea. Together they have what one would call GOLD, a kind of chemistry gold that brings to mind the Veronica/Logan relationship from Veronica Mars. Again, being honest, I never saw this relationship coming, but maybe I'm just really slow like that. Though I sadly didn't get my vicarious smoochies last Monday, I did get them last night and boy was it worth the wait.

Elle: We can't take what we want anymore!
Sylar: Says who?
*Commence totally hot kissing scene

Sylar and Elle finally moving forward with their tense and edgy relationship brought to mind the scene in Dexter when him and Lilah had their first creepy, sadistic serial killer sex scene. Albeit, that was HBO and far more grotesque (coughtotallyhotcough) and detailed than NBC's strangely sweet kissing scene. Still, the verdict is in: a romance between two semi-creepy and psychotic (and lets not forget sexy) criminals is Number 1 on the Must See Hotness chart.
As a side thought: I was wracking my brain daily as to who future Sylar's baby momma might be and it seems we have a winner! Now all I need to do is figure out why they named him Noah...












On another note, I feel like I am obligated to again discuss the greatness of Supernatural this season. I fear I am going to be forced to watch last Thursday's episode (Heaven and Hell) for the fourth time tonight when Tina and Katie come over for our weekly Buffy night. But it's so frakkin' good, I don't really mind that much. The season just gets better and better and again (with a small amount of fear of sounding even more nerdy than I already do), Angels vs. Demons, coolest story line ever! And since I have already raved about one smooching scene in this post, I won't go on and on about the Dean and Anna baby-making scene in the Impala (pssssitwastotallyawesome). Oh Dean...*swoon*. Ok, composing myself...


The last order of business (which includes your SotD) involves another thrilling CW show, Smallville. Yes, I know it's been on for eight (!) years and it's getting old. I feel ya. In fact, I felt ya about three seasons ago when I finally stopped watching. But let's review the facts of this new and improved season:

1) Lana is gone. Already this makes the show ten times better.
2) Justin Hartley, aka Green Arrow, is a regular. They basically took a smelly, rotting growth (Lana) and replaced it with beautiful, healing man-hotness.


3) Lois Lane. Yes, she was a bit annoying a first but she has grown on me and the budding romance between her and Clark is very interesting and exciting (and often times hilarious) to watch.


4) The Chloe/Jimmy story line is also very fun to watch, especially with the addition of Doomsday...


5) Doomsday, played by the devilish Sam Witwer, the only creature that can defeat Superman. They are seriously bringing out the big guns this season.



And those are just a few of the improvements seen this season. The hollow, black void that was Lex Luther's does tend to put a damper on things, but it's not as bad as I previously thought. All the exciting new characters usually distract me from missing one of my favorite villains, though it makes me feel slightly guilty. He is Lex Luther, after all. One must always miss him when he's not around causing trouble for our man of blue and red.

Anyhow, last Thursday's episode BLEW me away. Yes, I used all caps. Deal with it. The Cloverfield/Blair Witch opening scene was totally awesome and a great way to spice things up. It really gave the episode a doomed feeling (get it, doomed? As in DOOMSDAY! Mwahahaha..ok, I'm done now). But the very best part of the episode was the end sequence, which I have supplied for you below. Not surprisingly, they used another Vast song to bring out the completely helpless and sorrowful emotions of the montage. Vast is fastly becoming one of my favorite bands. They were already used in a previous Smallville episode and also in an Angel episode. Saying their sound is hauntingly beautiful doesn't even begin to cover it. Your SotD is Don't Take Your Love Away, from the end sequence.



Don't Take Your Love Away
By: Vast

I am looking for an inspiration
And I think I found it in your heart
It's the kind of thing you get when you're not looking
It's the kind of thing you had from the start

Put me on a ship that is sinking
On a voyage to an untamed land
Take away the freedoms I wanted
I understand

Please, don't take your love away from me
Don't take your love away from me
Please don't take your love away from me

Please don't take your love from me
Please don't take your love from me

Put me inside flesh that is dying
A ghost that wanders without rest
Buried by desires and weakness
I understand

Please, don't take your love away from me
Don't take your love away from me
Please don't take your love from me
Please don't take your love from me

No comments:

Disclaimer

The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.