Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday Ramblings

I suppose it's time to stop procrastinating on my blogging duties, huh? The thing is...there isn't really much going on right now. It's a new year and though there are some exciting things coming soon, this week is pretty much catch-up. Not to mention, all my time is being spent trying to NOT think about how much I wish the holiday had lasted just a wee bit longer. Still, I guess I could scrounge up some ramble-worthy material...

Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog on DVD

I'm not sure how it's possible, but there are actually some people out there who have not seen Dr. Horrible yet. Yeah, I know! Crazy, right? Freaks! Anyway, if you just happen to be one of those freaks who hasn't seen what will be the best 45 minutes of your life, then please, do yourself a favor and either buy the DVD on Amazon (seriously, it's like $10, don't be cheapos) or get it asap via iTunes. I suggest the DVD, however, since it was one of my Christmas presents (to myself, yeah) and the extras are just...fabulous. Get your DVD, grab a nice big bowl of low-fat ice cream, invite some friends over and have a musically kick-ass time. You'll thank me later, promise. Just in case you still aren't convinced (and you really should be by now, don't be stubborn) here's the trailer, which is one of the best parts of the whole production of this web-series.






Lost Season 5

Premieres in 16 days (Jan 21st) and even though I know it's probably not a brilliant idea, I've been holding my breath. I've just re-watched season 1 and I almost forgot what an amazing show this is but I promise to my Sawyeresque God that I will never forget again. And just to put this out there, I have finally made up my mind about who Kate should end up with. It's been a good 4 years deciding, but after watching Season 1 again, it seems like it's always been so obvious. She should be with Sawyer. They are just alike and just as the end of Season 4 has shown us...her and Jack don't exactly mesh well. So, bring on the Sawyer/Kate romance again...I've had my rest and I'm ready to get back in there. Check out the latest promo for our most exciting night of television this month:






Supernatural

It's coming back...! Only 10 more days until Supernatural returns and you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be glued to my couch as the 9 o'clock hour rolls around on the 15th. I've recently re-watched Season 1, since I triumphantly got my sister hooked to the Winchester Boys and it has caused some awful withdrawal symptoms (creepy/hot dreams included....*blushes*). Anyhow...I guess now I have to proceed with the hardest part of fandom...picking which t-shirt design I love the most...Again, judging is NOT allowed!






Comic-Con


If there has been one thing on my mind 24/7 for the past couple weeks, it's been Comic-Con 2009. I am so totally psyched for this, I can't even explain it to you. A lot of people confuse this convention for some geeked-out, comic-booking lovin', D&D playin', nerd-central event but they would only be half-right. It's all that (nerds will someday rule the world) and more. Think of having every cast member of every cast of all your favorite television shows all in one place. While you are still trying to unravel that sentence, I will explain. It's not just dressed-up geeky super-heroes (though God knows that's one of the BEST parts) and boring panels about the next issue of the Red Hulk...it's movies and television and celebrities! All my favorite things...plus some comic-book love too. Honestly, it's Lauren Heaven. And apparently it's Twin Heaven too (no, not nude Chip n' Dales twin dancers, but Katie and Tina) and thanks to a little soulmate peer pressure, we're all on our way to Jensen and Jared stalking on July 23rd. *Sigh* Life is good, people.

Gotta run but keep your eyes peeled for my next 2009 rambling post. Until next time...Good night and good luck!

No comments:

Disclaimer

The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.