Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My 2nd Semi-Political Post...

So does anyone care about what I had to do this morning? Anyone? At all? No, of course not, but I'm going to tell you anyway. I'm going to tell you because this is my blog and I can cry if I want to. This morning (way too early, mind you), I drove 30 minutes to an Advance Voting location. I got in line 30 minutes before the location even opened its doors to voters. I stood in -20 degree weather (yes, I'm being overly dramatic here. It wasn't really that cold, but it was cold enough that my fingers wouldn't even type on my poor BlackBerry cause they were too frakin' frozen) for 3 1/2 hours. It was like torture. Cold, painful, boring torture. In the few elections I have voted in, I have not once had to stand in a line for longer than 20-30 minutes. This fact, in and of itself, can stand as evidence to how our world has changed and is even now changing. People care. They care enough to freeze for 3 hours out in the cold so that they can join their voice to the river of voices that flow throughout our country, throughout our world. It's a great thing, even if it does cause my toes and fingers to get frostbite. Here is another fun pro-voting video for you VotD. Pass it on.



My favorite lines:

"I can do anything. I was in a boy band, ok?" - Justin Timberlake

"Tommy Cruise say Dont Vote?" - Zach Braff

537 people decided the 2000 election..."537? There's more Baldwin brothers than that." - Ryan Reynolds

2 comments:

heder said...

It's so worth it, right? It's hard to listen to the people standing in line complaining about it. They really have no idea how lucky we are. None.

Great video, I'd heard about it but this is the first I've seen it, thanks for sharing!

PS You said "frak", giggle.

Bufyluver said...

Haha. I'm glad you like it! It was very entertaining. And "frak" is an amazing word! LOL.

Disclaimer

The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.