Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thursday Ramblings


I realized the other day that I've been neglecting Legend of the Seeker, but the truth is, it's a great show. As my friend Rebekah surprisingly noted, "It didn't suck". This is funny because straight syndicated shows like this (like Hercules and Zena) are often joked about because of how cheesy and geekified (yes, I just made that word up, so sue me) they are. Their special effects are often times laughable at best and the dialouge...well...let's not even go there. When I heard that they were creating this new syndicated series from the Terry Goodkind books that I have known and loved for over 10 years I was both excited and terrified. This was a clear path to butchering my beloved novels and I was admittedly worried. As I'm sure I mentioned before, I was pleasantly surprised by how good the show ended up. Decent dialogue, awesome fight scenes and beautiful scenery (they shoot in New Zealand so it has a nice Lord of the Rings feel). And by beautiful scenery, I mean Craig Horner, of course. Anyway, if you haven't seen it, then you definitely should. You can watch all the episodes on Hulu, so go catch up! Also, here's an interview with Craig Horner, for your viewing pleasure:





Moving on...


I must thank Michael Ausiello for his daily dose of tv awesomeness. Everyone should already know how I'm feeling about Smallville this season, but seriously, this video gave me chills. Good chills and bad chills. The bad chills come from seeing WAY too many clips of Lana. Seriously, does that girl EVER die? Why do they have to make her the reason Clark becomes Superman? Shouldn't that be Lois' job? Anyway, check out the video below and get some super chills of your own.






That's all for today, peeps. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Disclaimer

The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.