Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Grow Up

I am actually sick today (which doesn't happen often, thank goodness), so I thought a quote from a medical show would go over nicely. Since I am re-watching Grey's Anatomy, Season 2, that's where I will pull from. And also since, if I had to go to any hospital to cure my sore throat, it would be Seattle Grace (mostly due to McSteamy and McDreamy, duh).

MEREDITH: [narrating] "After careful consideration and many sleepless nights, here’s what I've decided. There's no such thing as a grown-up. We move out, we move away from our families. But the basic insecurities, the fears and all the old wounds just grow up with us. Just when you think life has forced you to truly become an adult, your mother says something like that. We get bigger, taller, older. But, for the most part, we're still a bunch of kids, running around the playground, trying desperately to fit in."

MEREDITH: [narrating] "I've heard that it’s possible to grow up, I've just never met anyone who’s actually done it. Without parents to defy, we break the rules we make for ourselves. We throw tantrums when things don’t go our way. We whisper secrets with our best friend, in the dark. We look for comfort where we can find it. And we hope against all logic, against all experience, like children, we never give up hope."

I like this episode's narration and that has alot to due with the fact that there is something going on in my life right now that makes me feel like I am 15 years old again. I'm confused and frustrated and angry, when dealing with this "thing". I have absolutely no idea how to deal with it and can muster up no courage in which to ask what I should do; how I should proceed. It's almost like I'm dealing with something new and foreign, when I'm sure it's something that I have come across before. I'm sure this is something I should know how to deal with. I just can't remember... In essence, I feel like a freakin' teenager and I don't like it. I don't like it one bit. Ok, I'm done rambling now. Continue on with your day.


No comments:

Disclaimer

The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.