Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Morning After

So, thanks to my good friend Corrie, I started this blog and to continue honoring her for opening my rather squinty, though hopefully bright and endearing eyes, I decided to steal another one of her superb ideas and start posting a Quote of the Day. Don't worry, she consented to the theft so don't be expecting a chick fight anytime soon. Now, I'm not promising I will find time to do this EVERYDAY so don't get too excited, people. Contrary to popular belief (or maybe just my own mother's belief) I do have a life. Yup, that's the Gods honest truth. I've got work and gym and plenty of good friends to try to find time for. More importantly, I have old seasons of new shows to watch and deep thoughts to think while never actually remembering to write them down. Not to mention Braves games to attend on a regular basis, since my world tends to slow and crystallize, my breathing becomes less stressful and an almost unnoticeable ache in my chest disappears when I walk into that obnoxiously loud, crowded, dirty and all-together beautiful stadium. Watching that team play, no matter how horrible they are doing, with a gaggle of my best girls or a group of my best drunken guys, brings a sense of peace and happiness that I rarely find anywhere else in the city. I know it doesn't make alot of sense, I mean how can you find peace and quiet in a stadium full of loud, drunken idiots, but somehow I do. And that's the Gods honest truth.

Anyway, I digress (read the title people! It's RAMBLINGS! Get used to it). Back to the Quote of the Day (Or Maybe Every Other Day). These "quotes" can be any written words that have caught my eye recently. An excerpt from a book, a lyric in a song, or a television or movie quote. Whatever passes my fancy. For today, we'll keep in the same vein as my first post and Twilight it up:



"You were very deeply asleep; I didn't miss anything." His eyes gleamed. "The talking came earlier."

I groaned. "What did you hear?"

His gold eyes grew very soft. "You said you loved me."

"You knew that already," I reminded him, ducking my head.

"It was nice to hear, just the same."

I hid my face against his shoulder.

"I love you," I whispered.

"You are my life now," he answered simply.



So, from the first novel, Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer. Bella and Edward "declare" themselves out loud for the first time. I like Edward's answer. It's simple, direct and terribly sweet. Sometimes that's all a girl needs. Get some paper and write that down, boys.
Here's a picture from the upcoming Twilight movie, to go along with the quote.




No comments:

Disclaimer

The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.