Monday, July 14, 2008

Love Isn't Brains

Ok, so you knew this was coming. Maybe it arrived a bit before you expected it, but you knew in advance. You knew to be prepared. Yes, people...it's the Buffy quote! As I imagine I hear small groans throughout the day, let me say this in my defense: I am re-watching all the seasons with my bestest buds, Tina and Katie and we are up to season 3 at the moment, so I sorta have all these amazing, witty and insightful quotes staring me in the face each week, so it's hard not to share them with you, my generous, yet reluctant readers. In addition, this quote kinda works with a theme I have going in my own life, so it seemed appropriate. So, without further ado, your Buffy quote of the day:


"You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other until it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends. Love isn't brains, children, it's blood -- blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it". - Spike, "Lover's Walk"


Spike really is deeper than most viewers give him credit for. And it means all the more coming from a human shell with a soulless demon in it. You expect such things from Angel, who has a soul, but not Spike. I kinda think William the Bloody got the short end of the stick, when it comes to the demon who took him over. Kinda a wimp, when it comes down to it. But I guess we can't judge him for getting his ass kicked by Buffy non-stop throughout 6 seasons of Buffy. She pretty much kicks any one's ass, soul or no soul.















1 comment:

*angelina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Disclaimer

The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.