Saturday, July 19, 2008

Pope

So, I am a little depressed today, due to the bleak portrayal of humanity in The Dark Knight (there are no words for how amazing this film was) and also due to the ending of Dr. Horrible (there are also no words for how great this mini-series was), so here's your similarly themed quote of the day:

Mrs. Murphy: Congratulations, you're my volunteer. Pope. An Essay on Man. Epistle I.
Veronica: "Hope springs eternal in the human breast; Man never Is, but always to be blest: the soul, uneasy and confin'd from home, rests and expatiates in a life to come."
Mrs. Murphy: And what do you suppose Pope meant by that?
Veronica: Life's a bitch until you die.

Must everything great have a dark and depressing ending? Jeez, someone hand me a Disney movie before I shoot myself! On that lovely note, have a great weekend, few to no readers.


No comments:

Disclaimer

The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.